How to Keep Employees from Losing Their Company-Issued Mobile Cell Phones
Updated: Mar 18
Company cell phone loss policies
According to CIO Insight, 41% of companies have a clear policy regarding the loss of a work phone and the remaining 59% say they don’t know what their company policy is, that it is unclear, or that their company lacks a policy. Certainly, a company policy for employee work cell phone loss would be beneficial to both the employer and employee. Information regarding company cell phone policies can be found here.
How costly is company cell phone loss?
Other polls show 73% of respondents say all or most of the data on their phone is replaceable with only 7% saying they cannot replace any of the data on their phone. Regardless of whether the data is replaceable, there is an overall issue of loss of productivity in the downtime to replace the lost phone, the hours spent buying and transferring data onto a new phone, and of course, the cost of the phone itself. Let’s admit it, losing a phone is not in the best interest of either party, employee or employer.
Top 5 best ways to reduce, stop, avoid, or prevent losing employee company mobile work cell phones
Preventing employer-owned phone loss claims and loss of productivity is a top priority in corporations today. Ensuring the employee has their phone with them helps management and co-workers readily keep in touch with the employee, whether in the office, in a meeting, at home, or on the road.
Here are five strategies to help reduce employee lost company work cell phones and manage employee company work cell phone loss prevention:
1) Create a company cell phone policy. This policy should outline the consequences of a lost company cell phone. Employees must know that lost company-issued phones are costly; the loss of productivity includes the lost time for data retrieval and replacement, and the cost of the phone. The company should be very clear on what the employer will and will not do with regards to replacing phones.
2) Have a general meeting discussing and documenting the value of the phone’s data, both personal and company data. There may be confidentiality and security issues that employees are unaware of.
3) Use an app to force the employee to use their phone to clock in. This will increase the employee’s awareness of their phone and that it is needed for them to start their work day.
4) Use a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) code for your employee to log in to their workstation. Forcing an employee to unlock their phone to retrieve their code is an excellent way to increase the corporation platform security. This is a win-win solution for any corporation that wants to secure its data and have the ability to connect with their employee via text or call.
5) Alert the employee when they are about to leave their phone behind. This can easily be achieved through the latest generation of phone reminder devices that don’t require an app and don’t track the employee or company data making them 100% private. The Prox PRD™ is an excellent solution and is the leader in the PRD phone separation alert niche.
The Prox PRD™ is unique with its Advance Alert Technology which helps employees remember their work mobile cell phone before it is left in a restaurant, at a bank, at a client’s office, etc. where if placed in the wrong hands, could cause a costly data breach.
The Prox PRD™ Advanced Alert Technology has an adjustable alert distance and an adjustable alert tune; allowing for employees in the same office to have different alert tunes, for employees in loud industrial environments, and for employees who may have hearing loss at some pitches. This alert technology also includes a toggle between Home Mode and Travel Mode. Home Mode alerts only when the PRD is moving away from the phone, whereas Travel Mode also alerts if the phone is picked up and moving away from the PRD; excellent for business travelers.
Let’s face it, losing a mobile cell phone that's used for work-related purposes increases company-issued phone loss claims and employee-owned cell phone loss, and a significant loss in productivity until the phone is replaced. This loss is no longer necessary and can be greatly mitigated with a Prox PRD™ for your company-issued phones.
The Prox PRD™ can be branded with your company’s name and logo. That means your company name can be on all of your employee’s keychains. Your employees can then carry your brand with them wherever they go, advertising your company each and every day, 7 days a week.
If you value your employees’ company-issued cell phones and your employees’ productivity, contact us today so we can discuss how the Prox PRD™ is the option for your company with a phone reminder device to protect the phones which help shape your business.
The Prox PRD™ Phone Reminder Device – Separation Alert
No App | No Tracking | No Registration | No Subscription
iOS & Android Compatible | Replaceable 1-year CR2032 Battery