Please see the comprehensive self-guided TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART down below.
Prox PRD is paired but not alerting
1) Be sure the Make, Model, and OS (Operating System) of your phone is compatible with the PRD by checking the requirements.
2) Perform a Connectivity Check by placing the PRD next to your phone and then clicking the button on the PRD one (1) time. The resultant color will tell you the current status of the PRD. The PRD will only alert if a solid blue LED is shown.
The possible LED states are:
PRD is turned OFF.
Turn PRD on by firmly pressing and holding the button down for ~4 seconds.
PRD is turned ON, Bluetooth paired to the phone, but not connected to the phone.
Move PRD closer to the phone until you hear the reconnect sound.
Blinking Blue LED
PRD is turned ON, but not paired to the phone.
Solid Blue LED
PRD is turned ON, Bluetooth paired to the phone, and connected to the phone.
Proceed to Step 3 below.
3) Check that all 4 corners of the PRD cover are fully snapped in place. The PRD will not function properly if the cover is not securely fastened and snapped together.
4) Test the PRD's alert by turning the phone's Bluetooth OFF and then moving the PRD while it's off. You should hear an alert.
5) If the PRD alerts, then turn the phone's Bluetooth back ON and wait for the reconnect sound.
Note: If the PRD doesn't alert, please reach out to us by submitting a Customer Support Ticket.
6) Lastly, set the phone down and walk away with the PRD until the PRD alerts, regardless of the distance. Once the PRD alerts, this will be the default alert distance for your current environment. Alert distances vary greatly, and can be shorter or farther, depending on your surrounding environments, due to the presence of obstructions (e.g., trees, buildings, walls, doors, etc.), if any.
Low Battery Warning — PRD keeps beeping
When the battery reaches a critical level, the PRD will stop operating as a phone reminder and you will hear a low-battery chirp every two (2) seconds, upon movement of the PRD. To disable the chirp, simply press and hold the button on the PRD down for six (6) seconds; this will turn the PRD off as noted by the power down sound. At this point, the PRD will not turn back on until the battery is replaced with a new CR2032 battery. (See Battery Replacement for more information.)
Note: Once the new battery is inserted and the PRD is turned back on, it will reset back to its default settings — e.g., Alert Distance setting, Alert Tune, and Home Mode. Make sure the top cover is fully snapped into place at all four (4) corners, as the PRD will not function properly if the cover is not securely fastened.
Prox PRD alerted and phone is nearby
First, be sure your phone is on the PRD compatibility list detailed in the User Manual. If compatible, there are several possibilities where the PRD will alert even if the phone is within proximity:
1) The phone is turned off;
2) The phone's Bluetooth® is turned off; or
3) There has been a temporary break in the RF signal caused by some obstruction, such as an arm laying over the PRD
In these cases, turning the phone and/or its Bluetooth back on or removing the obstruction that is breaking the RF signal, should allow the PRD to reconnect with the phone. A single-click on the PRD will yield a blue or red LED, with blue indicating that the PRD is on and connected to the phone and red indicating that the PRD is still disconnected.
Phone and Bluetooth are turned on, PRD alerted and is within proximity of the phone, but PRD won't reconnect with the phone
If using alert distance "1", the PRD will need to be next to the phone in order to reconnect. This setting is specifically designed to only reconnect when the phone is retrieved (i.e., in your hand) and next to the PRD.
If the PRD and phone are next to each other and, after 5 seconds, the PRD still has not reconnected with the phone, then the phone's OS is temporarily not updating the Bluetooth properly (e.g., the phone is momentarily ignoring Bluetooth). This is a very rare occasion and can be remedied by doing the following on your phone: Go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap on your device name (PRD_XXXX) to force it to reconnect.
Replaced battery and now the PRD won't work
Most likely the PRD was not completely snapped back together. If the outer case is not fully snapped back into place and secured, the PRD speaker will not work, or it will work intermittently. Look at the PRD from the side to see which corners have not been fully snapped into place.
Note that when replacing the battery, the PRD will still be paired to your phone, but the PRD's default settings will be restored. Be sure to dispose of the old battery based on your local recycling regulations.
Don't see the answer you're looking for? Submit a Customer Support Ticket.